What has Cricket gotten himself into now?! Seems he's found his way onto Sydney & Dylan's "Big CityGreens"-inspired cake, complete with fondant strawberries and an edible cityscape, all whipped up on this week's episode of "Disney's Magic Bake-Off."
Catch future cake creations every Friday at 8/7c, and watch past clips on Disney Channel and DisneyNOW!
2 c butter 2 ½ c granulated sugar 5 egg whites ⅔ c sour cream 2 T strawberry emulsion ½ T lemon zest 1 ½ t baking powder ½ t baking soda ½ t kosher salt 2 ½ c flour ¾ c whole milk 6 egg whites 6 sticks of butter 2 c of sugar Pinch of salt 2 t strawberry emulsion Lemon cut in half
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a mixer cream butter then add sugar.
3. Add egg whites until well incorporated.
4. Fold in sour cream, strawberry emulsion, and lemon zest.
5. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Alternate between milk and dry ingredients into creamed butter and sugar.
7. Pour into 2- 6” pans and 2-8” pans and bake for 25- 30 mins.
8. Rub lemon in a clean mixer bowl.
9. Add egg whites, sugar and salt in the bowl.
10. Place the bowl over a pot with simmering water. Make sure water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
11. Whisking the mixture occasionally and leaving to simmer till all the sugar has melted and there is no more grit in your bowl.
12. Place bowl on mixer with whisk attachment and whisk on high until mixture becomes room temperature and stiff peaks start to form.
13. Switch to paddle attachment and switch to low speed while you add butter in 1 T at a time.
14. Once all butter is incorporated add strawberry emulsion. _______________________________________________________
Subscribe to Tastemade: taste.md/1QsXIWq LIKE on Facebook: taste.md/1Zf0Bve FOLLOW on Instagram: taste.md/1OaAv4P FIND on Snapchat Discover: taste.md/1P9UuDM