Roasted Cherry Tomato PastaRecipe Adapted from America's Test Kitchen
Ingredients 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved 2 teaspoons Kosher salt ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 1 ½ teaspoons sugar 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 3 large cloves garlic, sliced thin 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
Method 1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toss shallots with 1 teaspoon oil and set to the side. In another bowl, gently toss sliced tomatoes with remaining oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper flakes, black pepper, sugar, vinegar, and garlic. Adjust any of these seasonings to taste.
3. Spread tomato mixture in even layer on a baking sheet. Scatter shallot-oil mixture on top of the tomatoes. Put them into the oven and roast for 25-40 minutes - until they are shriveled and starting to brown. DO NOT STIR while they are in the oven.
4. Remove sheet pan from oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. While the tomatoes are roasting, bring 4 quarts water to boil in large stockpot with 1 Tablespoon of salt. Cook pasta until al dente.
6. Drain pasta and return to pot. Use a rubber spatula to scrape tomato the tomatoes into the pot with the pasta. Add fresh chopped basil and toss to combine. Enjoy!!
Babish Cookware on Amazon: bit.ly/babishstore
playlist of preferred cooking tunes, Bangers with Babish! spoti.fi/2TYXmiY