3.5 oz Dark Chocolate 1/2 cup Heavy Cream 5 oz Dark Chocolate 1/3 cups Butter 3 tbsp Heavy Cream 2 Eggs 1/4 cup Brown Sugar 1 tbsp Plain Flour 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar Peanut Butter Ice Cream Peanut Butter Sauce
1. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place them in a medium heat-proof bowl.
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
3. Pour over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate.
4. With a rubber spatula, stir until completely combined. Let it sit at room temperature to cool.
5. Once the chocolate ganache has thickened, use a tablespoon to scoop out chocolate balls and place them in a tray with parchment paper. Freeze for one hour.
6. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place them in a medium heat-proof bowl together with the butter and heavy cream.
7. Melt over a bain-marie of gently simmering water and stir until combined.
8. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and brown sugar until the mixture is creamy and has turned from yellow to pale yellow color.
9. Pour the melted chocolate and stir lightly. Finally, add the plain flour and fold to combine.
10. Grease and lightly flour 4 individual lavacake molds. Add a circle of parchment paper at the bottom.
11. Fill the mold with the batter halfway to the top. Place a chocolate ganache ball in the center and continue to fill the mold up to 3/4 full.
12. Bake at 430°F about 8-9 minutes.
13. Serve warm on a plate with one scoop of peanut butter ice cream and garnish with peanut butter sauce.