4 cups apple cider 1 bottle dry red wine (Malbec or Syrah) 1/4 cup honey 10 cinnamon sticks 1 orange juice and zest 1 lemon juice and zest 12 oz cranberries 6 whole cloves 4 star anise 2 oranges sliced, for garnish Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
1. In a large sauce pan, mix together cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cranberries, cloves and star anise.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low heat, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, wash the remaining oranges and cut them in 1/4 inch slices.
4. Remove cinnamon sticks, cranberries, cloves and star anise from the mulledwine using a sieve.
5. Pour into heatproof mugs, add orange slices and fresh cranberries to each and serve with a cinnamon stick and a star anise for garnish.