2/3 cup unsalted butter 1/2 cup white sugar 1 1/3 cup cocoa powder 1 tsp salt 1 1/2 egg whites 1 tsp gelatine powder 5 tsp water 5 oz seedless passionfruit puree 10 oz white chocolate, chopped 1 1/3 cups heavy cream 1 cup water 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup passionfruit puree
1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients together to a crumb-like texture.
2. Spread the mixture onto a silicon mat and rest for one hour in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 330 F. Bake chocolate cookie crumbs for 20 minutes. Let cool.
4. Place water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin powder. Let it set for about 10 minutes.
5. In a small sauce pan, pour the passionfruit puree and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. once it starts boiling, remove from heat and add the hydrated gelatin. Whisk until gelatin mass is dissolved.
6. Pour over chopped white chocolate and blend to combine using a hand mixer. Let the temperature go down to 86 F.
7. In the meantime, place heavy cream in a bowl and mix until stiff peaks are made. Set aside in the refrigerator.
8. Once passionfruit ganache is ready, slowly pour over the whipped cream, continuously blending with a silicone spatula for both to combine.
9. Place chocolate cookie crumbs at the bottom of a serving glass. Top with passionfruitmousse and take to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
10. Combine water, sugar and passionfruit puree in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, permanently stirring until sugar dissolves.
11. Reduce heat to low and simmer until syrup is reduced, for about 15 minutes.
12. Pour over a heatproof bowl or bottle and refrigerate before using.
13. Spoon the syrup over the set passionfruitmousse and garnish with some edible flowers. _______________________________________________________
Subscribe to Tastemade: taste.md/1QsXIWq LIKE on Facebook: taste.md/1Zf0Bve FOLLOW on Instagram: taste.md/1OaAv4P FIND on Snapchat Discover: taste.md/1P9UuD JOIN on Tastemade Makers: taste.md/3oNfcls