1/4 cup butter, softened 2/3 cup brown sugar 2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 cup warm milk 1 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 2 large eggs 1/3 cup butter, melted 1 tsp salt 1/2 cup white sugar 4 cups bread flour 5 oz cream cheese, softened 1/3 cup butter, softened 2 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 oz bacon
1. In a medium bowl, place soft butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, mix until combines and set aside.
2. Heat the milk until warm and pour on a stand mixer bowl. Sprinkle the instant dry yeast over top and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Once yeast has activated, add eggs, melted butter, salt and white sugar. Whisk until combined.
4. Add sifted flour to the wet mixture and place the bowl in the stand mixer. Using the dough hook, knead dough on medium speed for 8 minutes. The dough will be ready when it is elastic, smooth and lighlty sticky.
5. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and transfer the dough ball. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 1.5 hours or until doubled in size.
6. Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface and sprinkle the top of the dough with additional flour. Roll out into a 10x7 inch rectangle.
7. Using a spatula, rub the filling mixture over the dough rectangle.
8. Roll up the dough tightly to make a 10 inch log. Cut into 10-12 even rolls and arrange in a lightly greased 9x9 in baking pan, leaving about 1 inch between each roll.
9. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and towel and bake cinnamonrolls for 20-25 minutes or until just slightly golden brown on the edges.
11. In a stand mixer, mix cream cheese and butter. Add sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
12. Use a sharp knife and cut the bacon into long strips about 1/4 inch wide. Then turn the bacon and cut the strips into pieces also about 1/4 in wide. Put the bacon in a non-stick frying pan and fry over a medium high heat until crisp.
13. Spread frosting over slightly warm cinnamonrolls. Sprinkle with crispy bacon and serve immediately.