1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp ground ginger 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp ground cloves 1/2 tsp salt 3/4 cups brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 large eggs 1/2 cup yogurt 8 oz pumpkin puree 12 oz cream cheese 12 oz butter, softened 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1.5-2 cups powdered sugar Orange food coloring Green food coloring Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 6 minibundt cake pan.
2. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream brown sugar, white sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time while beating until fully blended. Pour vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, sift in all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground cloves and salt.
5. Add about a third of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until combined. Pour a third of the yogurt and mix. Repeat the process until both are fully incorporated into the batter, ending with the yogurt.
7. Fill each bundt 2/3 of the way full with batter.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool.
9. Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until smooth and changes from yellow to almost white.
10. Gradually add previously sifted powdered sugar and beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
11. Slice the bottom of each minibundt cake to create a flat surface. Place one of them upside down and use a spatula to cover the surface with a layer of frosting. Attach the bottom of another minibundt cake to the frosting layer to create a pumpkin like shape.
12. Set aside half a cup of cream cheese frosting and add green food coloring for the leaves and vines.
13. Color the rest of the frosting with orange food coloring.
14. Cover the pumpkin cake with orange frosting and smooth the surface.
15. Place a cinnamon stick in the center to create the stem.
16. Fill a piping bag with green frosting and create leaves and vines around the stem.