1 loaf classic brioche loaf bread, cut into 1-inch cubes 1 cup marshmallows 5 eggs 2 cups whole milk Zest of 1 orange, finely grated 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ½ cup butter 1 cup brown sugar Pinch salt Halved almonds Mixed berries, for topping Maple syrup, for topping.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter has melted, stir in brown sugar until dissolved and mixture is smooth. Add a pinch of salt and continue mixing. Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan and spread evenly.
3. Slice the bread into 1-inch slices. Then cut the slices into 1-inch cubes and place them in a bowl. Leave the crusts on.
4. Combine with the marshmallows. Add bread cubes and marshmallows to the pan, spreading over the brown sugar/butter mixture.
5. In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, orange zest and cinnamon. Pour the egg and milk mixture evenly over all the bread chunks.
6. Using a spoon, drizzle the remaining butter and brown sugar mixture evenly over all the bread chunks. Sprinkle halved almonds on top of the casserole.
7. Bake the casserole, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes.
8. Serve warm with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh berries.