Because every Jedi deserves a slice of cake now and then! Diego & Gabriel used the force to whip up a cake inspired by the magic of "StarWars," featuring an edible Chewbacca, on this week's episode of "Disney's Magic Bake-Off." Can you name the fondant cityscape wrapped around this sweet creation?
Catch future cake creations every Friday at 8/7c, and watch past clips on Disney Channel and DisneyNOW!
Decadent Carrot Cake with Smooth Vanilla Buttercream Recipe -
1 ½ c sugar 2 ½ c ap flour 3 t cinnamon ½ t cardamom 1 t allspice ½ t ginger powder 1 ½ t baking powder 1 ½ baking soda 1 t salt 1 c pecans ½ c sugar 4 T salted butter 1 lb shredded carrots ¾ c sour cream ¾ c vegetable oil 3 eggs Filling Ingredients 1 c cream cheese, room temp ¾ c butter room temp 3 c powdered sugar ½ t salt 2 c unsalted butter 4 c powdered sugar 2 t vanilla extract
1. Prepare 2-6” pans and 2-8” with baking spray & parchment paper circles.
2. In a pan, toast walnuts until they smell. Add butter and when melted, add sugar.
3. In a large bowl mix flour, cinnamon, cardamom, all spice, ginger powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Mix till incorporated.
4. Add eggs one at a time.
5. Incorporate sour cream and vegetable oil.
6. Once everything is well incorporated fold in carrots and nuts
7. Bake rounds for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. In a clean mixer bowl cream together cream cheese and butter.
9. Add salt.
10. Gradually add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Once smooth, move to the side.
11. In a large bowl mix together butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
12. Once cake layers are cool, fill with cream cheese frosting and frost outside with vanilla buttercream. _______________________________________________________
Subscribe to Tastemade: taste.md/1QsXIWq LIKE on Facebook: taste.md/1Zf0Bve FOLLOW on Instagram: taste.md/1OaAv4P FIND on Snapchat Discover: taste.md/1P9UuDM